About the Awards
Fiji’s only Small & Medium Enterprise Awards, the FDB’s National SME Awards is a competitive platform for the recognition of SMEs that are innovative and community champions.
The Awards, which began in 2004, today contributes towards progressing the national development agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals, including our Climate Change Action Framework.
The 2022 Awards, will again, be positioned as an empowerment strategy to promote the growth, and boost the resilience of the SME sector in Fiji through the recognition of successful and innovative entrepreneurs.
Businesses will be awarded for their exceptional performance. These SMEs will be those who are champions in their communities through the creation of decent work, promotion of financial inclusion and contribution to the national and global development agenda.
Who can Apply?
To be eligible to apply for the FDB’s 2022 National Small and Medium Enterprise Awards, your business must:
- Either be a “small enterprise”, which is any enterprise that has a turnover or total assets between $50,000 and $300,000.
- or be a “medium enterprise”, which is any enterprise that has a turnover or total assets of above $300,000 up to a maximum of $1.25 million.
- be 100% owned by Fijian citizen(s)
- operate in one or more of the following sectors: agriculture, wholesale/retail, tourism, professional business services, or manufacturing.
- be in operation for two years or more, since the date of registration or start of operation for a non-registered business (except for those applying for the Rookie Entrepreneur of the Year award);
- be able to show evidence of efficient bookkeeping attributes.
- be able to show evidence of consistent or growing sales trend for the past two years (except for those applying for the Rookie Entrepreneur of the Year award);
- be able to show evidence of acceptable banking habits and savings trend;
- be able to show evidence of a sound business plan to include marketing and customer service activities, and
- be able to show evidence of environmental awareness and a commitment to the community by showing at least one example either through business operations or corporate social responsibility activities.