Sustainable Energy Financing Facility
The Sustainable Energy Financing Facility is a financial product that allows farmers and businesses to adopt sustainable energy technology in place of fossil fuel for the generation of electricity. The facility is provided to encourage the development of locally owned sustainable energy projects for the wider benefit of business enterprise, community and the environment. Such projects also help rural dwellers obtain a cheaper and cleaner energy source for their long term needs.
Financing is available for any of the following sustainable energy sources:
- Coconut oil fuel
- Energy efficiency equipment
- Wind, biomass, biogas, wave, tide, and feasible geothermal systems
This facility also accommodates working capital for the purpose of providing consultancy, design, supply, installation and maintenance/ repair services.
• 20% equity required.
• Interest rate of 5% per annum. (If RBF funded, 5% applies, otherwise normal lending rates apply)
• Terms available to suit your business cycle.
• Reasonable fees & charges.
• Reduced administrative requirements.
• Normal FDB screening for credit assessment applies.
How do I apply?
We are always ready to help you get started on your application so please do visit an FDB Branch nearest to you and speak to any of our Relationship & Sales Officers OR you can also enquire about this product online or download application forms.
Where to Apply
Our branches are located in: Suva (Tel: 3314866); Sigatoka (Tel: 6500122); Nadi (Tel: 6701900); Lautoka (Tel: 6660639); Ba (Tel: 6674211); Rakiraki (Tel: 6694088); Nausori (Tel: 3477277); Savusavu (Tel: 8850055); Seaqaqa (Tel: 8860166); Labasa (Tel: 8811944); Nabouwalu (Tel: 8280400); Taveuni (Tel: 8880084);