Sugarcane Farmers Special Loan Facility
The Sugarcane Farmers Special Loan Facility is specifically designed to assist established (existing) and new sugarcane farmers to access financing solutions for their farming needs.
- Loan Fetaures
- Maximum Loan Ammount
Flexible loan term depending on the purpose of loan.
Loan amount determined by the purpose of the loan
Interest Rate from 3.99% per annum.
Flexible equity depending on loan purpose
Normal FDB screening for credit assessment applies.
Determined by the purpose of the loan
The Sugarcane Farmers Special Loan Facility is specifically designed for new and existing sugarcane farmers with applicable loan purposes under different categories.
Category 1 – this category is for existing FDB customers only where the farmer can access a top-up loan through a pre-approved credit limit within loan eligibility. (You are to contact your Loans Officer at your FDB Branch – online application is not required)
Category 2 – this category is for existing (established) sugarcane farmers where financing is available for up to $10,000 for those with lease and production over 150 tonnes.
Category 3 – this category is for new sugarcane farmers where financing is available for up to $12,000 for farm development including cane maintenance cost.
Category 4 – this category is for existing (established) sugarcane farmers where financing is available for up to $10,000 for improvements including those diversifying into cash crop farming in addition to sugarcane.
Category 5 – this category is for existing (established) sugarcane farmers where financing is available for land purchase and land development cost within loan eligibility.
Category 6 – this category is for existing (established) sugarcane farmers where financing is available for all loan purpose within loan eligibility.
Note: Talk to our Loans Officers for your loan eligibility in the different categories. (conditions apply). All loan purposes exclude financing of white goods and furniture, luxury items, gambling and lottery.
1. All types of Sugar Cane Farming businesses.
2. Ownership – locally owned or joint ventures with at least 51% local shareholding.
3. ALL applicants within the legal age limits.
4. Sugarcane farmers approved for conversion of sugarcane lease to agricultural lease by the Fijian Government. (Note: sugarcane farming must still be done).
1. Birth Certificate.
2. Photo ID: Voter Identification Card/Passport/Driving License/Joint FRCS/FNPF Card.
3. Joint FRCS/FNPF Card and TIN Letter confirming tax identification number.
4. Business registration certificate (if applicable).
5. Established Cane Farmer – Certified FSC production record for past 3 years and estimate for the next 1 year.
6. Current Certificate of Registration (if applicable).
7. Title, current lease or approval notice over land to be used.
8. Quotations and detailed project costs.
9. Purchase of Vehicles will require Certificate of Roadworthiness for the vehicle and current driving license in the category of the vehicle to be purchased.
10. For those applying for lease transition – Approval letter from the Fijian Government on transition of sugarcane lease to agricultural lease.
You can apply for this loan safely from the comfort of your own home – apply online. Applicants are to submit their loan application and upload the requirements through this portal. If you face difficulties you can contact us via email email@example.com or contact your nearest branch for assistance. Note: for those qualifying under Category 1 – You are to contact your Loans Officer at your FDB Branch – online application is not required)
Securities will be required in the form of mortgages, crop liens, security agreement over machinery, vehicles, etc to be financed, assignment over crop proceeds/other funds, guarantees – personal, joint and several, other security as required by the Bank. You will be required to upload land lease document or documents for other forms of security on the portal.
Nil Application fees. Other fees and charges apply as per our fees and charges schedule.