1. What kind of products does FDB offer?
- Agricultural loans
- SME loans
- Corporate Loans
2. I want to start a business and would like to take a loan, what kind of loan should I take?
First you must find out what type of business you are going to set up. Once you have established this, call into the nearest FDB office and inform the officer of your plans. The officer should advise you of the appropriate product.
3. How do I go about obtaining a loan?
The steps to take are as follows:
- Before you call into any FDB office, you must first have a clear idea of what business you intend to start and other related matters.
- Once established, enquire at your nearest FDB office to discuss your plan/business.
- After your discussion with the loans officer, you should submit your business plan together with all relevant documents including the following:
- Completed application form,
- Application fee,
- RBF – Customer Identification requirements,
- Documents as per check list.
After this stage, the Bank will then assess your application to determine its viability. You should receive a decision i.e. approval or decline letter within 2 weeks from the date of application (step 3).
If approved you will be required to carefully read and sign your approval letter and forward the original letter to the Bank with the required establishment fee. Then the Bank will proceed with the security documentation. If it is declined, you can find out from our officers the reasons behind it, reassess your proposal and re-visit our office.
4. What are the requirements I need to provide for my loan?
This will depend on the type of loan. Some of the requirements may include: Notifications; Mortgages; Crop Liens; Bills of Sale; Debentures; Ships Mortgage with Deed Supplementing; Liens; Deed of Defeasance; Assignment over Crop Proceeds/Other Funds; Assignment over Salaries; Directors Guarantees – Personal, Joint and Several.
5. What is the interest rate charged?
This again depends on loan type but interest rates can range from as low as 4.00% to 12.05% per annum.
6. When can I get my funds/cheque?
The cheque is issued once the security documents and all pre-conditions (if any) are completed.
7. Do you have on-line applications?
Yes we do, plus we also provide our existing clients to login on the website to view their account details.
8. Equity Requirement
These would generally vary between 20% to as high as 50% of project cost. The value of collateral securities given could be used to offset shortfall in equity contributions.
9. Where can I apply for a loan?
Any of the 12 branches located nationwide including our Head office in Suva. The Fiji wide branches include Suva, Nausori, Sigatoka, Nadi, Lautoka, Ba, Rakiraki, Labasa, Savusavu, Seaqaqa, Taveuni and Nabouwalu.