2017 National Small and Medium Enterprise [SME] Awards
CATEGORY D: SPECIAL AWARDS
SMES THAT HAVE SHOWN EXCEPTIONAL EFFORT IN CONTRIBUTING TOWARDS ACHIEVING THE SDGS 5, 10, 13
The Youth Rookie of the Year
To award an outstanding youth sole trader or partners who has/have shown consistent or growing sales trends in their SME business. Awarded to the successful youth entrepreneur as deemed by the judges.
- An SME;
- Operates business either in Agriculture Livestock, Aquaculture Agriculture, Agriculture Mixed Farming, Agriculture Advanced Agriculture, Wholesale/Retail Sole Trader, Wholesale/Retail Partnership/Cooperative, Tourism Sole Trader/ Partnership/Cooperative, Professional Services Sole Trader, Professional Services Partnership/Cooperative, or Manufacturing Sole Trader/ Partnership/Cooperative;
- Sole Trader/Partners to be between 18-35 years of age;
- Rookie as in a new comer to the industry;
- Shown consistent or growing sales trends since startup of business, and
- Evidence of at least one Climate Change adaptation and/or mitigation activity.
The Youth Rookie Entrepreneur of the Year Award is Proudly Sponsored by Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism
Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism