About This Award
Woman Entrepreneur of the Year award recognizes innovative woman entrepreneurs who own and operate or bear principal responsibility in majority ownership of the business and are responsible for the recent performance of the business.
ELIGIBILITY AND JUDGING CRITERIA:
To apply for any of the awards in this category, your business should first be able to demonstrate it meets the eligibility criteria.
Judging criteria includes evidence that demonstrates that the woman entrepreneur owns and operates or bears principal responsibility in majority ownership for operating the business and for the recent performance of the business.
Further, the entrepreneur must be able to demonstrate how she incorporates innovative traits or business
methods to position its product or service strategically in the marketplace, amongst challenges faced as a woman entrepreneur. The owner must also demonstrate leadership traits by showing evidence of strong financial and business performance skills including sustainable practices that benefits the community and environment.
Types of SMEs that can apply for this award:
Examples of SMEs that can apply for this award includes those women who:
- own and operate or bear the principal responsibility of the business in majority ownership.
- Could be a business in any sector: agriculture, manufacturing, tourism, professional & business services or wholesale/retail sector.
- An entrepreneur who has strong money management traits and has a healthy savings trend.
- An entrepreneur who has progressed in business through the use of technology in his or her business.
- An entrepreneur who has a strategic advantage for his or her product/service in the market for some time now.
- An entrepreneur who has a comprehensive customer service strategy in his or her business plan.
- An entrepreneur who values teamwork and his or her employees.
- An entrepreneur who creates a competitive advantage after having found and tested how he or she can perform better than competitors.
- An entrepreneur who is involved, whether online or in your community (or both) to advocate for the environment and the community.
- An entrepreneur who has empowered him or herself and others for example by creating jobs in the community.
- An entrepreneur who has incorporated “Green” business principles in business could be considered for this award too.
- An entrepreneur who has incorporated risk management strategies and treatment plans in business could be considered for this award too.